If you have been receiving email alerts from your Enphase microinverter system saying that your Envoy is not reporting this means that the Internet connection that the Enphase Envoy uses to communicate to the Enphase Enlighten servers is experiencing a problem.
Please note that this error does not affect your system’s ability to produce power. When the connection is restored, the Envoy will catch up with the transmission of any and all energy data it has stored.
If your Envoy displays a web status of “–Web” on the LCD screen, it is not currently communicating with the Enlighten servers. This may occur if your internet router has been switched off or you are experiencing a temporary loss of connectivity. If however you have recently changed internet providers or have updated your security password in your router then you will need to enter the new details into the Enphase envoy.
There are 2 ways to do this – if your router has WPS functionality then follow these steps to reconnect your Envoy to the internet
- Press and hold the WPS button on the wireless router (or access point) for two seconds. On many routers, the WPS button flashes at this point.
- Within two minutes, return to the Envoy. Press and hold the Envoy menu button (situated on the right hand side of the unit) until the Envoy Menu appears. Release the Envoy menu button when Enable Wi-Fi WPS appears on the LCD screen.
- Within two minutes an updated IP address appears on the Envoy LCD screen. This IP address begins with a “W” to indicate that a wireless connection is established.
- If the updated IP address does not appear, retry the previous steps as the connection window may have timed out.
- Within a minute, the Envoy LCD screen displays +Web, indicating a successful connection to Enphase.
If your router does not have WPS functionality or this is not successful you can directly connect to the Envoy using a laptop and Ethernet cable. Follow these steps to reconnect your Envoy to the internet
- Plug an Ethernet cable into the top of the Envoy unit and into a laptop.
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox etc.
- Enter the IP address that appears on the LCD screen of the Envoy into the address bar of the web browser, hit enter and you should be connected to the Envoy administration page
- Enter the default login credentials for the Administration menu which are:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin
- From the Administration menu, select Wi-Fi Configuration.
- The interface displays a list of available networks.
- Click your network to select it, enter the password, and click Test Connection.
- Click Join Network when displayed.
- Once you have joined a network, it appears in bold in the list of available networks.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable
Within two minutes, an updated IP address appears on the Envoy LCD screen. This IP address begins with a “W” to indicate that a wireless connection is established.
Within a minute, the Envoy LCD screen displays +Web, indicating a successful connection to Enphase.
If after following these steps you are still experiencing problems connecting your Envoy to the internet please contact the installer of your system for more assistance.