EnphaseWorld Leaders in Microinverter Technology
Enphase was founded in March 2006 and since then they have quickly grown to become the world leader in microinverters with more than 661,000 systems installed across the globe.
Enphase now have 98% share of the microinverter market ahead of SMA and ABB, in North America approximately 50% of all residential solar power installations use an Enphase microinverter and more and more Australians homes and businesses are now using Enphase.
In an Enphase solar power system a small microinverter is installed beneath every solar panel on your roof, these ensure maximum performance from each and every panel and also send performance and other related data to the Enphase envoy which acts as a communication hub and transmits the accumulated data to the Enphase monitoring platform Enlighten.
Why choose an Enphase Microinverter system?
Microinverters are becoming increasing popular over string inverters for their safety, reliability, individual solar panel monitoring (available to consumers for an extra cost) and performance improvements.
- Lower your Energy Bills – Enphase microinverter solar power systems are designed for maximum performance, which means greater solar electricity production and a much lower electricity bill.
- A smart choice – Unlike traditional string inverter technology, an Enphase microinverter solar power system enables all solar panels installed on your roof to operate independently from each other thereby eliminating the effect one underperforming solar panel may have on the rest of the system.
- Proven reliability – The Enphase microinverter solar power system is the result of strict and comprehensive design and testing processes. There are now more than 10,000,000 Enphase microinverters installed in 62 countries across the globe and Enphase have the confidence to offer a 10-year limited warranty on each microinverter (click here for details) and the Envoy S Gateway unit has a 5 year warranty.
- Total safety – with an Enphase microinverter solar power system only standard 240V AC wiring is run through your home – there is no need for very high voltage DC cabling to be installed nor are any DC isolators (a number of which have been recalled due to safety concerns) installed.
- Monitoring – Your Enphase microinverter system will be connected to the internet and you can monitor your systems performance on your computer or smart phone no matter where you are in the world. In addition you will receive automatic email reports and alerts (you will need to leave your internet router permanently connected to the internet for this feature to function).
- Performance improvements – an Enphase microinverter system can improve the performance of your solar power system by up to 20%. In traditional string inverters shading, dirt/dust or even leaves on a solar panel can dramatically reduce the amount of electricity produced by your solar power system as each solar panel is limited by the others in the string. With an Enphase system the energy from each individual solar panel is converted into AC electricity therefore only the panel that is affected by the shade, soiling or leaves has a reduced power output, the unaffected solar panels continue to produce the maximum amount of electricity.
An Enphase system consists of the following components:
In an Enphase system a microinverter is installed underneath every solar panel on your roof. These convert the DC power generated by your solar panels into useable AC electricity.
The Envoy-S is the brains of the Enphase system receiving performance data from the microinverters and transmitting that to Enlighten.
Enphase Enlighten monitoring software
Enlighten allows Enphase system owners to monitor their energy production, the system’s health, and, if required, share their data with others, all from a simple, easy to understand interface.
Contact us about Enphase
Although Enphase microinverters are very good there are a few hidden costs that you may not be aware of. a) If you want panel level monitoring (Free with SolarEdge) then be prepared to pay $300 extra for the privilege. b) If the owner of the solar power system changes...
If your Enphase system is showing the a status if Microinverters Not Reporting ( ) then follow these steps to try an resolve the issue. This problem is generally caused by the Envoy being located too far away from the main switchboard or if there is interference on...
If you have been receiving email alerts from your Enphase microinverter system saying that your Envoy is not reporting this means that the Internet connection that the Enphase Envoy uses to communicate to the Enphase Enlighten servers is experiencing a problem. Please...
Sunworks solar has just completed the installation of a 11.5kW system on a technology business in Forest Glen. The installation was originally installed by another company using string inverters however following safety concerns the owner wanted to switch to Enphase...