REC, the leading European brand of solar panels has unveiled its ground breaking new solar panel at Intersolar Europe. The REC Alpha series delivers up to 380watts of power making it the world’s most powerful 60 cell solar panel.
The patented Alpha series solar panels combine the benefits of standard crystalline silicon solar cells with those of thin film technologies for much higher efficiency and energy yield, even at higher temperatures.
- Superb high temperature performance: with a temperature co-efficient of only –0.26% the REC Alpha will deliver greater energy yields in our hot summers than any other solar panel commercially available. Most standard solar panels have a temperature co-efficient of -0.38%
- REC’s pioneering and award-winning ‘Twin Panel’ design: Introduced in 2014, this delivers demonstrably better performance in shaded conditions.
- REC’s commercialized half-cut cell technology: The Alpha features high efficiency n-type mono wafers between thin layers of amorphous silicon.
- REC’s unique frame design: The 30 mm thin frame construction allows more panels per pallet, an easy installation and allows the Alpha to withstand snow loads of 7000Pa (not really relevant on the Sunshine Coast).
- Industry-leading warranty: 25-year product warranty on installations by REC Solar Professionals such as Sunworks Solar (otherwise 20 years), and a 25-year power output warranty which guarantees a minimum of 86% power output at the end of the 25 year period
- Even better for the environment: Manufacturing of REC Alpha solar panels requires less energy, which is further reducing the carbon footprint.
Sunworks Solar expects to receive shipment of the new Alpha series solar panel in Q4 2019.
For more information please download the Alpha Datasheet