With more and more poor quality solar panels being offered for sale in Australia for very low prices how can consumers know the difference between a good solar panel and a poor one?
Our top 5 tips are:
- Do not rely on what the salesperson tells you – if they tell you their panels are the best ask them for independent proof. REC panels have just been voted No1 performer in Photon magazine tests and are top performers on our own test system.
- Do not be fooled by a name. Some solar panel manufacturers ave brand names that can mislead the consumer for example Canadian Solar Panels are not made in Canada they are Chinese and German Solar Panels are not made in Germany they are also made in China.
- CEC approved panels means nothing – it is not a guarantee of quality it simply means that panel has passed a limited number of tests.
- Ask who stands behind the solar panel warranty? It is generally the responsibility of the importer of the panel to provide the warranty for it and as soon as that importer decides to close his or her business you do not have any warranty at all. All solar panels we sell have full Australian warranty support giving you peace of mind.
- If it sounds too good to be true it is – don’t be fooled by very cheap prices you will end up with a poor quality system that won’t perform well and will inevitably break down.