Stiebel Eltron Heat PumpsEuropean made - ultra efficient
Stiebel Eltron heat pumps are the ideal option when roof space is limited or your Sunshine Coast home is not suitable for traditional solar hot water.
Instead of using solar collectors mounted on your rof Stiebel Eltron Heat Pumps utilise a compressor to extract heat from the surrounding air and transfer it to the water in the storage cylinder. This process does not rely on sunshine therefore your Stiebel Eltron heat pump can provide you with hot water night and day, in sunshine and rain, throughout the year.
Stiebel Eltron pumps are a highly efficient method of heating hot water, using up to 74% less electricity than an equivalent electric hot water system.
Large Government incentives apply to the installation of your Stiebel Eltron heat pump system.
Contact SunWorks Solar Sunshine Coast for more information.
Stiebel Eltron have been experts in Heat Pump technology since 1976. With more than 40 years or tried and tested experience in Germany and Europe, Stiebel Eltron Heat Pumps provide Australian owners with real energy, environmental and money savings.
Water heating is one of the biggest domestic consumers of electricity and installing a heat pump from Stiebel Eltron can quickly reduce your energy consumption while also providing efficient hot water. Stiebel Eltron heat pumps can reduce hot water energy use by up to 74% when compared to conventional electric hot water system.
Stiebel Eltron heat pumps are available in 2 models 220 litres and 302 litres. The 220 litre model can deliver up to 360 litres of hot water and the 302 litre up to 510 litres.
- German engineered, designed for Australian conditions and manufactured in Europe.
- Very quiet operation with new encased compressor design – 45db (quieter than the average fridge).
- 2 models available, 220 litres and 302 litres.
- Unique roll-bond condenser technology for optimal heat transfer.
- Maintenance free current impressed anode which is suitable for all hard and soft water areas.
- Operates down to -5 degrees C.
- Can be controlled by your Sunshine Coast solar power system.
- Impressive water delivery – 220 litre tank can deliver 360 litres of 40 degree C water and the 330 litre tank up to 510 litres.
- Very high government incentives available.
- Industry leading warranties – 5 year tank warranty, 2 years on refrigeration system and 1 year on electrical.
Call SunWorks Solar Sunshine Coast to discuss these benefits further and find out if this is the ideal solar solution for you.
Stiebel Eltron is a thermal solar battery
If you have solar power installed on your Sunshine Coast home or are considering installing it, why not use the excess energy generated to heat your water rather than export it to the grid for a very small payment. Stiebel Eltron heat pumps are a thermal battery storage system for your home.
In the average home a Stiebel Eltron heat pump is the equivalent of a 2.5kWh battery storage system, however instead of storing the energy in the form of electricity the Stiebel Eltron heat pump stores the energy in the form of hot water which is released when you require it.
The only difference between a Stiebel Eltron heat pump and a solar power battery system is the energy stored in the Stiebel Eltron is stored as heat whereas the solar battery system stores it as electricity – the energy savings from each system are the same. 
If you don’t have solar power why not think about installing a solar power system and a Stiebel Eltron heat pump at the same time, your energy savings will be significant and we have great package deals available.
How does a heat pump work?
- A fan draws air through an evaporator, Thermal energy within the air is transferred to a liquid refrigerant causing it to change in vapour.
- The refrigerant vapour is then drawn into a compressor which increases the pressure and, as a result, increases the temperature.
- A condenser (heat exchanger) then transports the refrigerant around the outside of the water tank. This heats the water inside the tank and the gaseous refrigerant reverts back into a liquid.
- The pressure of the refrigerant is reduced as it goes through an expansion valve and returns to the evaporator for the process to start all over again.
 On a household with their current hot water system on tariff 11.
Contact us about Heat Pumps for Solar Sunshine Coast Solutions
Here at SunWorks, we are often asked if it is worth installing an off grid solar power system and how much will it return. Every Sunshine Coast home is unique and we all use different amounts of power at different times of the day however, unless your roof is heavily...
This is a topic we have covered before and now there is some scientific evidence to back up our claim that it is not worth cleaning your solar panels if you live on the Sunshine Coast. The University of Wollongong recently tested the effectiveness of cleaning solar...
Following the introduction of new and more stringent terms and conditions the Clean Energy Council (CEC) have advised that more than half of the solar panels currently on their approved list have not agreed to the new terms and conditions and will therefore expire...
We are often asked if it is worth installing solar panels on Sunshine Coast homes and the answer is a resounding YES! Let’s ignore the sales rhetoric and focus instead on the facts: How much energy will solar power produce per day? This is a simple question but a...